Friday, September 3, 2010

Skinner Masks Creation Process


Here is a look at the creation process for Skinners giant masks from his solo show at White Walls Gallery in San Francisco.

Take a look at the beginning to end process set on flickr.

I can't say I knew what I was doing when it came to making these, so if you have any suggestions or comments feel free to send them my way. The first one I made was bulked with foil only... lots and lots of foil. It didn't work so well and I had to use a ton of clay, which made it pretty expensive. I used the method shown in the set for the other 4 masks that were made.

I certainly learned a lot in the making of these. If you are quick you can see the completed masks on the White Walls site right now since the show is still going. I took pics of each painted mask and will create a flickr set soon so you can see them even when the show closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment